This delightful 3-bedroom cottage is designed to drastically cut heating and cooling cost but without adding substantial building cost. Among the many energy saving features:
1. Insulated doors and windows
2. 2x6 exterior walls with R19 insulation
3. Modified Roof Design to accommodate 12 R38 ceiling insulation
4. Positive vapor barrier to enhance comfort control
5. Centrally located plumbing and heating/AC for added efficiency
6. Small footprint to minimize land and building cost
7. Properly oriented, this home is designed to provide natural solar gain
8. New and improved framing techniques that allow previously un-insulated areas to become insulated.
The wise use of space creates a fully functional and spacious home tucked within a very compact space. The kitchen is full size, includes all of the typical amenities and it has a large island complete with eating bar. The master suite has volume ceilings, a dressing room, full bath, large walk in closet and built-in linen closets. The secondary bedrooms have large closets and private access to the bathroom. All bathrooms feature a spacious linen closet. An enlarged rear entry has a French door with sidelights that opens on to a spacious deck that is perfect for entertaining. A large rear deck is easily accessible from the living room and it is ideal for outdoor entertaining. Kitchen, Dining and Living are very open creating the look and feel of a much larger home. This is definitely a home for first time buyers or even those who want to scale back from larger homes. Small can be better and this delightful design proves the point.