Latest Window Treatment Trends
There are always new trends in window treatments, particularly with the shift towards eco-friendly and energy-efficient products. Here are some of the latest trends for dressing up your new windows:
- Organic materials such as bamboo and matchstick, exposed wood grain in blinds, natural woven shades are becoming increasingly popular for homeowners looking to create a natural/earthy look that is eco-friendly.
- When it comes to colors, blue is fast becoming the new "red" in the window industry and is available in a wide range of hues like teal, aquamarine and soft green. Orange and gold are still popular, particularly for formal window treatments, while brown remains one of the dominant colors.
- Luxe fabrics are very popular for homeowners looking for embellishment and luxury. These fabrics have bold colors and textures like silks, velvets, damasks, fur, leather and suede. Don't forget the lavish trimmings and hardware.
- Simple, sleek lines are dominating window fashions in everything from flowing drapes to chrome decorative hardware. Creating sleek silhouettes against a window instantly lends a clean, modern look to any window and room.
- Wood and natural textures like bamboo are becoming popular again for decorative hardware as consumers look for eco-friendly products and move away from metallic and sparkling hardware.
- Fabrics are getting bigger and bolder with lots of texture and unique patterns to create a truly fashionable window.
- Window blinds have gone high tech and now can be controlled by remote, a light switch or even a computer.
- Drapes are getting longer and wider to accommodate the trend to make windows appear larger and grand.