Getting Your Home Organized for Back-to-School | the house designers
It’s not too late to get your home organized for back-to-school with these great tips from The House Designers.
With the new school year upon us, it’s the perfect time to get your home organized for all the papers, supplies and projects that will be making their way into your home. You can make the transition back-to-school a lot easier by incorporating some of these simple, cost-efficient organizational tips from The House Designers, America’s leading designers and architects of ready-made house plans.
If your mornings are already chaotic, you should try to create a practical schedule where you get as much done as you can the night before, like making lunches, getting clothes ready and packing backpacks.
You’ll want to create a dedicated area for homework. Take into consideration the age of your children and your home’s floor plan. Is their enough space in the children’s bedroom for a desk? Do you have a home office/den or a built-in desk in your kitchen/living area? Remember if you create a cool and inviting place for your children to do their homework, they may actually look forward to getting it done.
There are no avoiding lots of paperwork coming home every week, so you need to have a good filing system in place to help manage your daily schedule and events.
And let’s not forget all the A+ homework, projects and artwork that you will want to save. File boxes, portfolios and binders are great ways to store and save school keepsakes.
If you have extra space in your kitchen or mudroom you should try and hang a bulletin board so you can keep track of daily to-do-items as well as upcoming events.
Speaking of mudrooms, make sure that you create organized storage areas for your child’s fall sports and activities. Check out the article Getting Organized: Storage Solutions & Ideas.
Enjoy The House Designers Editor’s Choice Great Office & Homework Spaces from their latest issue of Home Ideas.
- The House Designers Design House Plans for America’s Baby Boomers
- Floor Plans of Famous Television Show Homes
- The House Designers’ Design House Plans for New Home Market
- Top 3 Kitchen Trends for 2013 | house plans
- Get Your House Plans Emailed in Minutes with PDF Now! Program
- Plant a Green Roof: Feed 70 Chickens and Lower Your Bills | green house plans
- Pros and Cons of a Finished Basement Floor Plans
- Pros and Cons of Prefinished and Unfinished Hardwood Flooring | house plans
- Finding the Right House Plans and Home Builder
- Top Three Craftsman House Plans